Sunday, September 19, 2010

Home ~ Sweet ~ Home

I have been really busy lately creating.   I should be painting my bedroom (I did pick a color)but there are just not enough days in the weekend.

My sister just moved into a new home and I have been wanting to make a pocket pillow.  So today I pulled out the sewing machine and burlap and got to work making a housewarming gift for her. 

I got this awesome image with French writing and furniture at Graphics Fairy.  I printed it onto muslin and then tea dyed it.  Nothing escapes the tea dye around here.  Its so much fun to take something that looks new, throw it into hot tea, iron it and like magic it looks like its been around forever.

DSC04808

DSC04805

“R” is for Ronda

DSC04799

Home Sweet Home

DSC04800

I love burlap and lace. 

DSC04803

I think now I’m going to have to make one for me.

Thanks for having a look.

Robin

 

9 comments:

  1. Oh really! This one is great! Love, love, love it!
    Tea dying, never heard of it, does it stay coloured when you wash it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This pillow is awesome, Robin! Your sister is a lucky girl to receive such a wonderful gift!
    Have a great Monday!
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, what a fabulous house warming present, your sister is going to love it!
    Do you tea dye after you have printed the image? Doesn't that wash out the inks? I have always wondered how all you talented ladies make the photographs you print on fabric fade proof.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! What a wonderful house warming present!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pillow is gorgeous!! I would have a hard time giving that up if it were mine! Thanks so much for linking this up to Brag Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, your lucky sister! The lace and burlap look great today, especially with the pretty image!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think you could have POSSIBLY been spending your time any better than making this! Your sister has to be the luckiest girl on the planet! It's incredible! Oh to sew...
    xx,
    Autumn Clark

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful!!!!! Robin I have a question for you... when you tea dye your fabric do you do it before you print the fabric or after? The printer I use for printing on muslin has a problem with the ink running after printing on it. Should I go to Office Depot & have them use the Non Ink Jet printer? Or just dye all the fabric first? Thanks. Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  9. Robin, this project is gorgeous! I love everything about it! Your sister is one lucky girl and I should know since I've also been a lucky recipient of one of your works of art. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments.......